The School Council plays an integral role in the development and organization of Sunbury and Macedon Ranges Specialist School.
The School Council works in partnership with the school to deliver improved learning outcomes for all students and to support the staff to achieve this. School Council is made up of elected parents, staff and community members and meets a minimum of 8 times per year.
Information around how to nominate for School Council is disseminated at the beginning of each school year.
School Council key responsibilities include:
- establishing the broad direction and vision of the school within the school’s community
- participating in the development and monitoring of the school strategic plan
- approving the annual budget and monitoring expenditure
- developing, reviewing and updating school policies
- maintaining the school’s grounds and facilities
- reporting annually to the school community and to the DET
- raising the profile of the school in the wider community
- reflecting the views of the school community